During pregnancy a woman's body undergoes many changes. For many women, this time is affected by various stresses both physical and emotional. Massage Therapy is a natural solution for reducing stress and achieving an overall sense of well-being during pregnacy and postpartum.
Massage Therapy is a soothing and natural treatment for the swelling, muscle tension, and general discomfort associated with pregancy. Registered Massage Therapists (RMTs) use unique techniques to improve circulation and drainage, and decrease muscular tension associated with the changes that take place in your pelvis and hips. RMTs can offer tips on hydrotherapy, remedial exercise, self-massage and posture correction that will help pregnant women be more comfortable at home, between visits.
Benefits of Massage Therapy during Pregnancy:
• Eliminates waste products in the lymphatic and circulatory systems, which combats fatigue and increases energy.
• Alleviates muscular discomforts, such as cramping, tightening, stiffness, tension, and knots.
• Helps carry away the lactic acid that builds up in muscles and causes fatigue.
• Can relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes.
• Relieves many of the normal discomforts during pregnancy, such as backaches, a stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches, edema, and sore, swollen ankles and feet.
• Increases local and general blood circulation, which brings more oxygen and nutrients to the cells of both the mother and fetus. Meaning greater vitality and less fatigue for the mother and better nourishment for the baby.
• Helps to soothe and relax nervous tension allowing for better sleeping patterns.
• Can be used during childbirth to make the mother more comfortable, and afterwards to help her regain strength and ease postpartum stress.
Post-Natal Massage Therapy
Post-natal massage helps to reduce muscle tension and fatigue and addresses the physical strain that results from carrying and caring for a newborn. Treatments decrease muscular pain associated with breastfeeding and poor posture and reduces scar tissue formation after a c-section. Our RMT's will help you rehabilitate muscular imbalances and weaknesses that result from pregnancy.
Maternity Massage Table
With a padded adjustable belly cradle, our maternity massage tables allow the expecting mother to lay comfortably face down at any stage of pregnancy. As well, it allows a mother who has had a c-section or is nursing to lay face down safely and comfortably during the massage.